This fun pattern stitch uses a simple lace pattern with just a touch of cabling. This design offers three versions: a long close-fitting cowl, a short loose-fitting cowl and a bandana-style neckwarmer. The cowls are knitted in the round with basic garter edges. The bandana neckwarmer is knit flat in a long, 6 inch-wide strip with i-cord edge; a short sewn seam converts it into a closed neckwarmer.
The cowls are a 2/4 skill level (intermediate)and the bandana neckwarmer is a 3/4 (intermediate/experienced) skill level.
- 3.75 mm 16” circulars for long cowl; 3.75 mm 20-24” circulars for short cowl
- 3.75 mm of any kind for bandana neckwarmer
- 4.50 mm needle of any kind for bind off (for cowls only)
- 1 skein of Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply 100% superwash wool, fingering weight
- 400 yards (365 m) per 110 grams (cowls use most of the skein and neckwarmer uses approximately half the skein); shown in color Officer of the Paw (blue – bandana neckwarmer)